Join Rev. Dr. Karl Johnson for a special Workshop designed to introduce the value our dreams offer for our spiritual growth as Christians. Though not required, Dreams: Discovering Your Inner Teacher by Clyde H. Reid will be helpful. The book can be purchased new or used on Amazon, and Dr. Johnson will have five new books available at $15 each.
The workshop will be structured as follows:
Friday Evening, 7:30PM-9:30PM
- An introduction to the place of the dream in biblical history and its importance in a vital spirituality for contemporary Christians
- Who was Carl G. Jung? - "The Wisdom of the Dream," a video an brief biography of Jung
- What did Jung teach? - A presentation on some of Jung's basic concepts
Saturday Morning, 9:00AM-12:00PM
- Why is this important to us? What can we do with dreams? Using examples, we will show how others used their dreams. Dr. Johnson will emphasize symbols and their personal relationship to the dreamer
- Clyde H. Reid's Dream Journal form will be handed out
- "Bring a Dream" Groups will work a dream to help the dreamer
Interested in joining? The class is free, but prior registration is required. Please contact the Church Office to register. Attendance is limited to 24 attendees, and registration is first come, first serve.
About Rev. Dr. Karl Johnson: Dr. Johnson served the Neighborhood Church as Senior Minister for over 20 years before retiring in 2012. He currently serves as Pastor Emeritus for the Neighborhood Church and has completed several hours of coursework from the C.G. Jung Institute in Zurich.